Responsible for generating sales growth in the Hydrology segment of our business by working as part of a team that sells and supports all growth in the Municipal Urban Flood Warning market. Establishes professional relationships with key personnel in targeted customer accounts and strategic partners. Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and margin dollars.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote OTT Hydromet product lines to engineering firms and, urban flood & storm water management professionals within the municipal markets
- Participate in sales activities including telephone contacts, trade seminars, conferences and shows, product demonstrations/evaluations, customer seminars
- Ability to develop and execute to a business plan and manage as one’s own business
- Engage stakeholders and internal resources to best serve customers
- Collect and report information on all competitive activity, business opportunities, voice of customer, sales trends and results within the assigned market providing input during monthly business review
- Uses metrics, KPI, and forecasting to self-manage productivity
- Develop, nurtures and understand health of customer opportunity funnel and openly work with leadership and sales operations to ensure best results
- Ability to develop creative and strategic solutions
- Report and manage all sales activities through our CRM (SalesForce.com)
- Prepare and present a monthly funnel review utilizing SalesForce.com to demonstrate the quality of the funnel, activity plans and command of the account base
- Support a team of Territory Sales Managers by assisting with sales presentations.
- Collaborate with sales support, customer support, project management in order to ensure a quality customer experience
- 50% travel activity
- 5 years of direct and indirect sales experience, preferably in the Hydrology (water quality and quantity) field selling to system engineering firms, system integrators and state & local government agencies.
- A degree in a science related field such as Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, Engineering or equivalent is an asset.
- Thinks through and analyzes complex problems, challenges and drives to root cause.
- Prioritizes effectively, acts with speed and agility.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of customer expectations and end user needs.
- Actively participates in cross functional brainstorming sessions.
- Consistently drives high quality, on-time results.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with peers and supervisors; works collaboratively.
- Behaves in ways that are aligned with the Danaher Standards of Conduct.
- Must have a valid driver license and acceptable driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit, talk and hear; the employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell.
The employee may occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment may consist of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting and low noise levels and/or subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions while working in the field.
Employees may be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while working in the field which may include: eye and hearing protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirements of the job change. The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.